Travel Insurance

To be adequately protected in terms of insurance, you will need specialist travel insurance for participation in the hazardous activities. A travel insurance policy that covers helicopter evacuation, trip cancellation, injury, death, lost baggage, theft, liability, medical treatment, and expenses is strongly recommended. Make sure the insurance covers all the activities that you will be undertaking during your stay in Nepal such as trekking and climbing. If you are injured and unable to travel, you can ask for a rescue helicopter from a remote area only if you have definite proof you can pay for it. Adventure Club Trek has an agreement in Kathmandu that guarantees payment for helicopter evacuations. They pay a cash deposit to the helicopter operator and collect the money from you once you have been rescued. Be sure your policy specifically covers mountaineering or alpinism or you may have a difficult time settling a claim.

For more details on insurance and some of our recommendation on Insurance companies, please go through the links below:

For Australians and New Zealanders:

For Canadians and Americans:

For British: (British Mountaineering Council) (Select Grade 4 cover - Sports Cover)

For Europe:

For Europe and Slovenia

For Germany and Switzerland

For Netherland

For Asian and South-Africa