This is an easy short trek that begins near Pokhara and offers good mountains views. It does not entail long walking days but includes Nepalese villages and the mountains. It is not a heavily trekked area, so you’ll often be alone in the natural beauty. As you walk along the peaceful terraced hills, you will see colorful flora and fauna, beautiful landscape, eagles soaring high above, and good views of Machhapuchhre and Annapurna mountains. This trek has gained its name "Royal Trek" because Prince Charles walked it, along with an entourage of 90 guests, camping crew, and staff, in the 1980s.
The Royal trekking trip is recommended for beginners and those who are restricted by time, but they will still get a true picture of village’s and tribes whose ancient religious practices and traditions have remained unchanged for thousands of years. Compared to other trekking areas in the Annapurna region, the Royal Trek route is less crowded, so you can get closer to nature, culture, and lifestyle.
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300)
- Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (823m) : 6-7 hours drive
- Day 04: Pokhara to Kalikasthan (1,370m) : 1 hr drive, 4- 5 hours trek
- Day 05: Trek Kalikasthan to Syaklung (1,730m) :5-6 hours
- Day 06: Trek Syaklung to Chisapani (1550m) : 5- 6 hours
- Day 07: Chisapani to Pokhara, 1 hour trek, 30 minutes drive
- Day 08: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu: 6-7 hours drive
- Day 09: Transfer to international airport for final departure
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu (1300)
Day 02: Kathmandu: Sightseeing and Trek Preparation
Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (823m) : 6-7 hours drive
Day 04: Pokhara to Kalikasthan (1,370m) : 1 hr drive, 4- 5 hours trek
Day 05: Trek Kalikasthan to Syaklung (1,730m) :5-6 hours
Day 06: Trek Syaklung to Chisapani (1550m) : 5- 6 hours
Day 07: Chisapani to Pokhara, 1 hour trek, 30 minutes drive
Day 08: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu: 6-7 hours drive
Day 09: Transfer to international airport for final departure
- Arrival and Departure transfer by private tourist vehicle.
- 3 nights’ accommodation in a standard twin shared room at a three-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 2 nights’ accommodation in a standard twin shared room at a two-star hotel in Pokhara with breakfast.
- 3 nights’ accommodation during the trek in a twin shared lodge (tea house)
- Private, round-trip land transportation between Pokhara and Bijayapur Khola
- Surface transfer between Pokhara and Kathmandu by tourist bus
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Government licensed, English speaking guide trained in wilderness first aid
- Porters to carry your luggage during the trek (1 porter for 2 trekkers)
- Assistant trekking guides walking with the group to support as necessary (1 assistant guide for 4 trekkers)
- Staff costs including their, Food, salary, accommodation, transportation, insurance and medicine.
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- Annapurna Conservation Park permits and TIMS permit for trekking.
- Complimentary Adventure Club Trek T-shirt, duffel bag and trekking map
- Travel and rescue arrangement (helicopter evacuation is available if needed - at an additional cost)
- All Government and Local taxes
- Nepal entry visa
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- International air fares / flights (fares and flights can be arranged upon the request)
- Personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, bottled water, cold drinks)
- Personal travel insurance and medical bills
- Insurance with helicopter evacuation
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for guide, porters, and drivers (tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
Note: Your safety is of the utmost concern whilst you are traveling with Adventure Club Trek. We will make every effort possible to follow the original itinerary but we reserve the right to change that itinerary if a segment of it becomes a safety issue. Certain mountain regions are remote, natural disasters can happen, weather conditions can decline and there can be illness or an injury. To avoid dangerous situations we may occasionally have to make changes to the itinerary to ensure everyone’s safety. That having been said, Adventure Club Trek will strive to provide you with the best possible trekking experience and to keep your safety our number one priority. We thank you for your understanding.
Prior to all the treks and expeditions, Adventure Club Trek hosts a pre-trip meeting in Kathmandu. The primary purpose of the meeting is to provide an opportunity for individuals to ask questions about the forthcoming trek and to introduce other team members. The meeting covers topics as diverse as personal equipment and acclimatization and usually involves a hike and some skills training. Pre-trip meeting is very important in order to have a better preparation of the trekking.