Tamang Heritage Trek
Duration: 14 Days
- Kathmandu: Visit Buddhist and Hindu shrines
- Scenic drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi through magical countryside
- Visit Gotland (the area's largest Tamang village)
- Hike to Tatopani via Gatlang and enjoy the natural hot spring
- Explore the local culture and enjoying the homestay
- Experience the culture and traditions of the Tamang community.
- Walking to Langtang Valley, Kyangjin Gompa and experience some Tibetan cultural
- Drive back to Kathmandu and enjoy the farewell dinner
- Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1,300m)
- Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing and trek Preparation
- Day 03: Drive from Kathmandu to Syabrubesi (1,550m) : Drive 8 /9 hours
- Day 04: Trek from Syabrubesi to Gatlang (2,200m): 5 hours
- Day 05: Trek from Gatlang to Tatopani (2607m): 6 -7 hours
- Day 06: Trek from Tatopani to Thuman (2,400m) via Brimdang-Nagthali: 6 hours
- Day 07: Trek from Thuman to Briddim (2,345m): 6 hours
- Day 08: Trek from Briddim to Lama Hotel (2,470m): 6 hours
- Day 09: Trek from Lama Hotel to Langtang village (3,430m): 6-7 hours
- Day 10: Trek from Langtang Village to Kyangjin Gompa (3,870m): 4 hours
- Day 11: Trek from back to Lama Hotel (2,380m): 4-5 hours
- Day 12: Trek Lama Hotel to Syabrubesi (1,550m): 5 hours
- Day 13: Drive back to Kathmandu, rest at hotel and farewell dinner
- Day 14: Transfer to the international airport for final flight departure
- Arrival and Departure transfer by private tourist vehicle.
- 3 nights’ accommodation in a standard twin shared room at a three-star hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 10 nights’ accommodation during the trek in a twin shared lodge (tea house)
- Welcome and farewell dinner.
- All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) during the trek
- Transportation from Kathmandu-Syabrubesi- Kathmandu by public Jeep /bus.
- Government licensed, English speaking guide trained in wilderness first aid
- Porters to carry your luggage during the trek (1 porter for 2 trekkers)
- Assistant trekking guides walking with the group to support as necessary (1 assistant guide for 4 trekkers)
- Staff costs including their, food, salary, accommodation, transportation and medicine.
- Insurance covering all staff, including porters as per state law.
- Down jacket and sleeping bag (to be returned after trip completion).
- All necessary paper work and permits (National park permit, TIMS).
- Complimentary Adventure Club Trek T-shirt, duffel bag and trekking map
- Medical kit (carried by your trek leader)
- Travel and rescue arrangement (helicopter evacuation is available if needed - at an additional cost)
- All Government and Local taxes
- Nepal entry visa
- Lunch and evening meals in Kathmandu.
- Hot shower during the trekking
- International air fares / flights (fares and flights can be arranged upon the request)
- Personal expenses (alcoholic drinks, bottled water, cold drinks)
- Personal travel insurance and medical bills
- Insurance with helicopter evacuation
- Personal trekking equipment
- Tips for guide, porters, and drivers (tipping is expected, but it is not mandatory)
- Transportation: Private vehicles & local bus
- Meals: Breakfast in Kathmandu, welcome and farewell dinner and all meals during the trek
- Starting altitude/access point: Syabrubesi (1,550m/5,100ft)
- Highest altitude: Cross Ganja La pass (5,122m/16,800 ft.)
- Guide requirement: Recommended
- Best Season: Autumn/Fall (September to November) and March to early May in spring.
- View-Points: Tserko RI, Ganja La pass, Malemche Puul Bazaar
- Trip Start/ Finish: Kathmandu
- Permits: TIMS card, Langtang National park permit
- Group Size: 1 to 12 people